Virtual Bookworm

playing book club online

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Welcome, nerds!

I am SO loving this online book club idea! If all goes well (read: if I don't screw up the set-up of this site), we should all be able to post and comment as often as our little hearts desire. Excellent!

Here's what our club is looking like so far:
1. No bodice-rippers
2. No child abuse/kidnapping themes
3. No sci-fi or fantasy (I just added this one; sorry, sci-fi fans!)
4. No Shakespeare

So that's good, right? I always think it's best to start with what you don't want and go from there. Now for the trickier part: what do we want? When I belonged to previous book clubs, we took turns choosing books. Do we want to do that, or is there a better way to go? Please let me know what y'all are thinking, and WELCOME!

2 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Hi Jengreta! You're welcome to join us. We just decided to do this yesterday, so we're makin' up the rules as we go along. Thanks for your input!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

ajwp - no shakespere, kidnapping, or sci-fi? and no justifications/apologies? did you ever know that you're my hero?
If I'm ever single again, this list will be subbed in for "turn-offs" on my online profile, just so you know.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home