Virtual Bookworm

playing book club online

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A questionable suggestion (or a suggestive question?)

So now it would seem we need to figure out the "club" part of this baby--seeing as how we seem to have the "book" and "virtual" parts going...

Some options:
1) The book chooser puts up a post (schedule to be determined by us all) for a set of chapters, and we all comment on it for a set period of time, until the next post comes up. This would allow everyone to chime in as time allows, but would be somewhat less interactive.
2) We find a regular time when we can all "meet" via some sort of IM or chat and "discuss" the set chapters. This would have more of the club feel but would be more difficult to coordinate.
3) We all fly out to AJWP&HB's and drink margs in their hallway while discussing the set chapters. (Okay, so it isn't practical, but damn, it's my favored option.)

Votes? Or overriding opinions? Anyone? Anyone?
And another thought: Do we want to set this blog up for RSS feeds? That might also help keep us on our toes.

8 Comments:

Blogger Hashbrown said...

We would love to host everyone in our wee little home and serve many margaritas as we discuss the book. Maybe even a watermelon infused with gin and a bunch of straws stuck in it, in honor of the book. Doh, did I give it away?

Since that probubly will not happen, I opt for number 1. It will work with our various schedules, time zones, and events/emergencies.

Also, I finished the book. I have had lots of time on my hands this week.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

I'm also very much for the margarita option (make mine no salt), but we can't spill any on AJWP's floor, 'kay? Barring that, I think number 1 is a good option, esp regarding time zones, etc.

And excuse my ignorance, but what the heck is an RSS feed? (I'm betting it's tech-y - educate me!)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

O Canada, thanks for looking out for my floor! Y'all are more than welcome here, though--pull up a chair and I'll pour you a drink.

I was imagining that we could all post questions/observation/comments as the mood strikes us, then comment on each other's posts as well. Is that too "live free or die" of me?

Of the other 2 options, I also vote for #1.

Thanks for taking the initiative on this, PK.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

LIVE FREE OR DIE!!!!!!
Oh New Hampshire, how I love thee.

9:53 AM  
Blogger muse said...

I've only got about 15 pages left, will be done tonight. :) I think option 1 is best, maybe with easy dates like : 1) first of the month = book is announced and 2) 21st of the month (or whatever) = a post is created and we can start commenting on the book until we're done with it...

Or, we could also create a mailing list (like yahoogroups.com) so that we could all get each other's messages straight into our inboxes and be able to go back in the archives easily

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like Muse's idea about the 1st of the month and the 21st of the month. That sounds good to me!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Muse - you're here!!! I've missed you on your blog!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Whaddaya think, PK--wanna open up this baby for comments, or do you want to wait a spell? Have most folks finished reading?

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home